If you are interested in online gambling but you think you do not have enough money to start, we have good news for you. By using casino bonuses online, you can double or even triple your current budget or win dozens of free spins. Casino bonuses allow you to play free casino games download and win real money as you continue to play. Below we talk about everything you need to know about them.
What Kind of Casino Bonus Offers Are Available?
Let’s start with what kind of online casino bonuses you can get. What can you expect from these promotions of online casinos? In general, it is possible to group free casino bonuses under two basic categories.
Bonuses That Don’t Require a Deposit
These promotions are commonly called no deposit bonuses. As you can tell from the name, you do not have to deposit money in the casino to get them. You just need to be a member. As soon as you complete the membership process, slots free spins or a free cash balance is defined in your account. You can start using them immediately and win real money, unlike playing free slots games where real money winnings are impossible.
Bonuses That Require a Deposit
These bonuses require you to make a deposit and also gift free spins or cash balances in return. However, their number or amount is much higher compared to no deposit bonuses. Generally, there are two types of bonuses in this category:
- Welcome Bonus: It is an exclusive offer for new members and can only be used once. When you make a deposit, the casino matches it at a certain rate. For example, if this rate is 100%, and you deposit 20 EUR/USD, an additional balance of 20 EUR/USD will be assigned to your account free of charge. Free spins, which you can mostly use in online slots, are also part of this offer.
- Reload Bonus: These promotions work like welcome bonuses and offer cash balances or free spins in exchange for deposits. However, unlike the welcome bonuses, they can be used multiple times. You get a bonus each time you make a deposit. In other words, this is a promotion that can be used continuously by the existing members of the casino.
We can extend this list. Casinos also have cashback promotions, loyalty programs, and special offers (e.g. birthday bonuses). However, in general, you can find the campaigns listed above in almost every online casino. You can also use them from any device. These are promotions that you can use both from desktop and mobile devices. Lastly, note that most of the time, they can be used in the live casino section too. As a general rule, these bonuses cover all types of games.
Casino Bonuses Are Not “Free”
So why do casinos offer these bonuses? Why do they let you play slot machines (and other casino games) for real money without making a deposit? As you can imagine, this is a marketing tactic, and there is nothing actually given for free. Regardless of the type, casino bonuses work like this:
- If you make a win on the games by using the bonus (let’s say by using your spins), that win will be transferred directly to your casino account. However, you will see it in your “bonus balance”, not your “actual balance”.
- The bonus balance is locked, and you must complete a wagering requirement to be able to use (or withdraw) the money in it.
- This means that a certain amount of money has to be wagered. This term means making a deposit and using that money at casino games – in other words, simply making a deposit is not enough.
- The amount of money that needs to be wagered is different in every casino. You can get information about this by reading the terms and conditions of the bonus.
To give a simple example, let’s assume that you won 100 EUR/USD using your bonus, and the wagering requirement is 30x. This means you have to wager 3,000 EUR/USD (30 x 100) first. Upon completing this requirement, your bonus balance will be unlocked. Until this happens, the casino may also place certain restrictions on your account. For example:
- You can play any game you want, but only slot games will contribute to the wagering requirement.
- You will not be allowed to bet over a certain amount (usually 5 EUR/USD) in all games.
- Often, you are not allowed to make a withdrawal until wagering has been completed.
In short, casino bonuses do not give you free money. You are required to complete many requirements before you can truly use your bonus. These are not harsh conditions, as you will continue to deposit as long as you continue to play in that casino. In other words, you will complete the wagering requirement automatically. Unlocking the bonus balance will just be an extra reward.
Finding the Best Casino Free Bonuses
Truth be told, we encourage you to leave this to professionals: they know what to look out for and determine the best bonuses for you. (You can read the GGBET review as an example.) However, if you want to be able to do this yourself, start by reading the terms and conditions of bonuses and pay particular attention to wagering rates. Choose bonuses with fair terms and play in casinos that offer promotions for everyone, not just new members. In this context, do not just focus on numbers or percentages, as both can mislead you.
In addition to all this, we recommend that you choose online casinos with a loyalty program, as this way, you can earn points as you continue to play and spend those points to unlock more bonuses. Making the right choice about bonuses will make it possible for you to have a more enjoyable experience and to win more. These promotions are the best friend of every gambler, as long as they know how to use them.