Are you searching for the best ESR meter? This guide will assist you in selecting the best that are available in the market. But, at first, we need to know what is an ESR meter. An ESR meter (Equivalent Series Resistance) is a device used to measure equivalent series resistance in the real capacitors. It’s different from the other meters available in the market or multimeters.
It’s specifically designed to measure the ESR values of the capacitors which are connected with the board. If you are searching for the best ESR meter for your use, we have got you covered. In this comprehensive article, we will have a look a the top 10 best ESR meter reviews of 2020 that will help you out. Most of the ESR meters are useful to check non-inductive and low in value resistances. They may or may not linked with a capacitor to perform an ESR check.
In this article, we will be reviewing the top 10 ESR Meters available in the market. Apart from this, we will also check out the essential factors that you would need to buy the ESR meter. As there are many choices available in the market, we will help you out in getting the best ESR meters.
The top 10 Latest ESR Meters comparison table
You may find it interesting to read on, How to pass on a driving test!
Top 10 Best ESR Meter Reviews You Can’t-Miss in 2020
An ESR Meter might sound like an ordinary tool to look after. But, it’s crucial to select the best one to perform the readings in an error free way. As there are so many ESR meters available in the market, choosing a suitable one is tricky. But don’t worry, we are here with the top 10 best meters that you can buy right now. Let’s have a look at them:
1. Brand – Signstek | Model – MESR-100 V2 Auto Ranging in Circuit ESR LCR meter
The MESR meter from Singstek is one of the most selling and best ESR meter in the market. If you are looking for a high and accurate reading device for ESR, this device is the best choice to go for. It’s first in our list because it’s reliable, affordable, and quick to use anywhere.
This advanced ESR reading device provides a precise 100KHz sine wave meter reading that eliminates any kind of futile fluctuation. This best selling meter weight only 288 grams and super easy to carry with you on the worksite.
When it comes to powering this device, you need only two AA 1.5V cell batteries. Or you can also power it up using a universal 5V USB port. Singstek’s ESR is an on the go easy to use gadget that comes with a clear display that shows up the four digits. You will also get an ESR parameter table guide with this device, which comes handy while working with this device.
Resetting this device is quick and easy. For zeroing this tool, you get a dedicated zero button on the left side of the power button. Along with the parameter table, you also get the essential test clips.
- Compact Machine with Dimension of 5.7×3.1×1.2 inches
- A lightweight tool that Weight only 218g
- Along with batteries, the external power supply also available
- Comes with test clips, and parameter reading table
- Auto-ranging facility
- Wide range of measurement
- Four-digit display
- Powered by 1.5V battery
- It’s affordable
- Light in weight as compared to other meters
- Gives accurate readings
- Overall built quality is average
- You need to use it with little care as it’s a bit fragile
- You might need to charge it often because of its battery life.
2. BSIDE ESR02 professional multimeter, ESR meter
Besides, esr02 is one of the cheapest multifunction meters as ESR meters on the market. Beautiful ideas and reliable reading are fascinating. You will find a user manual with the multifunction meter.
The DC voltage level powers this meter to the adapter that uses 9 V-12 V at recommended uptime. 9v6 lr61 battery is required to control when the battery voltage below 6 V is advised to change or charge the battery.
It can test plugins and SMD devices, which are very easy to test device type, which also can analyze different kinds of diodes, Triodes, thyristors, MOSFETs, polarity pin, output HFE, the junction capacitance of valve voltage, bold. Test time is about 2 seconds, capacity or installation measurement, but can lead to long.
- NPN-and PNP-bipolar transistors, N and P-channel Mosfet, Jfet, diodes, dual diode, thyristor, and TRIAC automatic detection.
- The bipolar transistor of the current zoom factor and measure base emitting threshold voltage.
- Bipolar transistors and Muslim diode detection.
- Measurement, door sill voltage, and door capacity value.
- Cheap ESR reading machine
- Can be used by beginners
- Comes with multiple automatic settings
- Manufactured quality may not be good
- Batteries are not available in the package
- Taken with a little learning curve
3. Brand – DROK | Transistor Tester- ESR Meter
DROK is another popular ESR meter that comes with multiple capabilities. It’s a widely used device because of its numerous features. Apart from its ESR capability, this DROK meter also measures SCR (Semiconductor Controlled Rectifier), FET (Field Effect Transistor), capacitor, resistor ratings, diode, and many more.
When it comes to the display of this meter, it’s large, and the number looks clear and bright. This device takes multiple readings accurately. The best part about this meter is the ability to calculate readings in a jiffy.
Testing the diodes, MOS made quickly through this device. With it’s 1.8 TFT-based LCD screen, you can quickly check the numbers even under bright sunlight. As different readings are visible by different colors, it’s easy even for a newbie to understand the readings with convenience.
You can power this DROK meter with DC9V battery. However, you have to provide on your own since it’s not available upon purchase. This smart device comes with intelligent identification for NPN and PNP transistors, MOSFET, P-channel, N-channel, and more.
This advanced DROK meter comes with an intelligent auto-shutdown feature. Even if you forget to shut down this device, it will automatically get shut down. You can also adjust the auto shut-down count, and you will not find this feature in most of the meters.
- It comes with a clear and large bright display
- Supports multiple test applications including diode, capacitor, FET, ESR and many
- Intelligent Auto-detection and Auto switch-off feature
- Highly Customizable
- Internal Power Saver Feature
- Gives Accurate readings
- All in one tool for multiple purposes
- Greater battery life
- Slightly complicated to use
- No battery included
- Not for beginners
4. Blue ESR Tester – Fully Assembled Model
Blue ESR meter is amongst the most popular ESR meter since the year 2007. The reasons for its popularity are many. As it’s portable, handy, and affordable, many people love to carry this ESR meter for accurate results. Its weight is around 284 gms. Blue ESR Tester comes with a clear and bright LED display, and numbers are visible under bright light.
Blue ESR meter comes with an auto power saver mode and lets you save more power when it’s idle. It’s a USA-made meter that’s highly popular because of the feature it offers on its price point. This convenient and affordable ESR meter can measure up to 450V. This ESR meter also comes with its ESR parameter data. With the data table, it becomes handy for the beginner also to jot down the readings accurately from the meter. You can also test rechargeable batteries and find shorts on PCBs using this versatile Blue ESR Tester.
- Compact in size and easy to carry
- Offers feature of testing rechargeable batteries and PCBs
- Automatic Power-off function for battery saving
- Comes with two non-polarized test leads
- Accurate and quick readings
- Highest selling model because of features and price compatibility
- Highly portable and easy to use
- Comes with a bright LED display
- Offers limited functionality
- Can not bear weighty loads
- Slightly old technology ESR Meter
5. Aideenpen Mega328 LCR-14/ESR Meter
Aideenpen Mega328 LCR-T4 is one of the best for the people who have an interest in ESR meter. It delivers the faster performance in terms of its capacity, quality, measurement. You can use this superb meter for both ESR and LCR purposes. You don’t need to buy another device if you have this amazing ESR meter. Aideenpen Mega328 LCR-T4 is Suitable for use for the professionals. It has an automatic identification components pin arrangements. Its color combination makes it appear beautiful as it has a unique design.
It has a super adaptive display 128*64 big backlight LCD display that will work under bright sunlight. One of the prominent features is it gives accurate reading which is extremely beneficial for the professionals for their work. Talking about battery life, it is long enough for which you will admire it. You can check resistors, JFETs, inductors, MOSFETs, transistors, etc & it works well.
You can not deny it’s multi-tasking abilities & its price is less compared to the value it provides. It takes less time to read & saves your time. Nowadays many professionals go for this device because of its swift readings.
- Provides impressive resolution
- Simultaneously measure two resistors
- Long-lasting battery for uninterrupted working experience
- LCR, ESR, Z, DCR analysis
- Can measure a single diode reverse capacitance
- Can measure the capacitance of 30 pF-100 mF
- Handheld Device
- Feature-packed device for professional use
- Automatic shutdown
- Swift performance
- Low Price
- Might be difficult to use for common people other than professionals
- No direct read for lower value microfarad caps.
6. Atlas ESR70 Meter – Simplicity at its best
Atlas esr70 is an excellent device for an LA work, has low resistance automatic discharge function. Clean and bright data display, reliable reading quality information.
On the body, there are two buttons for starting and stopping work. The active sound alarm will tell you information. The Atlas esr70 is a very lightweight LA meter portable well easy to carry anywhere you need. It supports the popular Top Atlas Dca55, but it helps all things that say much more. When connecting to a PC provided USB cable, a series of low current contour curve functions can be performed.
It can be used separately or connected to a computer. Either way, the DCA Pro will automatically identify which component identification, pinout, and also measure the transistor gain factors, as several components, leakage, MOSFET and IGBT threshold voltage, P. N Symptoms and another.
It is also an oak loop to change the capacitor for the tag. The measuring industry produced 100 objects of standard frequencies. Currently, the sensor is a device that allows you to install a sensor that is compatible with 2m. The sound effect is created to prevent ESR of different levels of display performance without having to run multiple tests in a row.
As of Dec graphics show, EE has improved the new design, USB communication, PC software, and improved identification component library. DCA is a graphical display, USB communication, PC software, and an advanced library of identification components that offer a new, improved design.
- Automatic capacitor-discharge using control redundancy function.
- ESR (SL & sump)
- For capacitor (if any circuit test).
- Several ESR instructions.
- The extended ESR measurement range of 40 awesome.
- Optional interrogation options easy equipped.
- Simple to use and portable
- 2mm Compatible sensors
- Complete usage guide for beginners
- A not very advanced version of available meters in the market
- It might cost higher than others even after having fewer features
- Slightly lose built quality
7. Multiple function dual controller condenser transistor LCR ESR NPN PNP MOSFET lw21
Longruner is smart, and multifunctional meters can be used LCR, ESR, another measurement. It is a low-budget global market. The show runs well and clean and smooth.
Multi-function, but a work function stops automatically when the idle not being used, saving battery power for a more extended period. After detecting alignment of infrared remote control with “infrared” light, and then press the remote control button, if the detector decrypts successfully, it will display the icon data of infrared waveform.
Start a button, automatically detects and closes, and you can press a multi-function button also to turn off the detector. Insert the pins of components on the different areas, then press the small handle, and the sensor will automatically check, and finally, the results will be presented clearly in the rear light TFT screen.
I do not like the appearance black and white ordinary; this detector will show the results in color. It also can detect a Zener diode valve and has a self-calibration function.
This device can detect NPN and PNP transistors, as well as the resistor, diode, and triode. The N-channel and P-channel MOSFET, IGBT, JFET, TRIAC are measurable, too, and some other components like the batteries and resistors. Insert pins to place in the corresponding area, and then click the button, will be absorbed by the detector automatically, and, finally, the results will appear on the screen of the TFT to light and back.
- Width: 3.5 in TFT screen
- Encoding range: < 4.5 V
- Zener Diode: Set Transistor Area: 0.01-4.5 V
- Set Zener Diode area: 0. 01-30.
- Triak series: IGT < 6mA
- Capacity: 25pF-100mF
- Resist: 0.0150 m
- Transformer: 0.01 mH-20H
- Battery: 0.1-4.5 in
- Highly Advanced in operations
- Comes with numerous automatic setting modes for easier testing
- Better color display
- Not for beginners
- The slight learning curve involved
- Comes with less-usable manual settings
8. Brand – DE-5000 | Model – Handheld LCR/ESR Meter with accessories
The DE 5000 is one of the most compact and portable ESR meters available in the market. Along with ESR, you can also measure the LCR. This device comes with a dual bright and crisp display. You will not face any issue while taking reading under bright light. When it comes to the accuracy of this DE 5000 Handheld meter, it’s precise and gives you faster results in less time.
This DE 5000 handheld meter runs on DC9V battery that included in the package. Along with the battery, you will also get the test lead cases and SMD tweezer. This meter is known for its accuracy, reliability, and robustness while performing tough outdoor jobs.
It’s a full-fledged LCR and ESR meter whose weight is around 450 grams and will fit perfectly into your work kit. This meter was launched in the year 2011 and instantly gone popular because of its nice feature at the best price point.
This advanced LCR and ESR meter is a complete auto-ranging operation for AC and DC readings. A user can directly measure the L-C-R components in its in-built auto-LCR feature. You don’t have to press the function key to select the mode for testing. It automatically chooses a suitable way for you.
- It comes with a dual display
- Highly accurate results
- Visible numbers on its screen
- Offers auto-ranging features to perform the job faster
- It comes with inbuilt multi-switching modes
- Faster and accurate results
- Comes with dual screen for better reading understandings
- Portable and easy to use interface
- Might not suitable for the beginners
- Slightly on the expensive side
- Built quality is somewhat lower than other ESR meters
9. KEYSIGHT U1733C- Handheld LCR/ESR Meter
Keysight U1733C is perfect for professionals. It’s built quality, performance, and test frequencies are made for professionals as it deliveries faster performance. It is an auto-ranging meter used for both ESR and LCR purposes. No need to buy different devices with you are carrying this amazing Keysight U1733C. Talking about its design — It’s beautiful as it comes with a black and orange color combination.
Display of this LCR and ESR meter is no issue even when you are dealing outside under bright sunlight. It comes with a more prominent display with boasts 20000 nits per unit. It’s among the highest quality display you will find on an ECR reader.
It comes with a ton of utility features, including auto-power save, determining the auto settings, and more. This modern and professional meter comes with three selectable frequencies that come handy for your work. It comes with a whopping battery life of 16 hours that will never disappoint you while working on sites. Keysight meter comes with IR-to-USB connectivity so that you can sync data logs with PC.
This meter makes the job of taking readings easier as it auto-selects the settings. It saves your lot of time from adjusting the meter’s settings manually for getting the reading precisely and quickly. That’s the reason why professional go for this advanced ESR and LCR device.
- Comes with impressive 20000 counts resolution
- Offers precise accuracy up to 0.2%
- Attractive yellow and orange color combination
- Long-lasting battery for seamless working experience
- LCR, ESR, Z, DCR analysis
- Handheld Device
- Feature-packed device for professional use
- Greater precision while testing
- Quick performance
- Complicated to use as there are so many features
- Slightly expensive as compared to others
- Little learning curve needed to get used to it
10. B&K Precision 881 In-Circuit ESR and DC Resistance Capacitor Tester
B&K Precision 881 is among the most popular and highest selling ESR meter that brings simplicity to work. It’s from a versatile company that been in this manufacturing business for very long. When you search for this company’s reviews, you will hardly find any complaint regarding inferior quality products. It’s the best choice for both beginners as well as for the professionals.
With this B&K Precision 811, you will get the critical ESR data table on the body of the meter. The calculation range of this device ranges from 0.1 to 30 ohms. It’s a good option for professionals as it coves even its minor reading with such high accuracy. This device can also auto-calibrate the internal signals for better efficiency. By calibrating the internal signals, you will always get an error-free reading and faster results.
The CD resistance range of B&K Precision 881 is between 0.1 to 30 ohms, which are quite sufficient for getting the job done. B&K Precision 881 is three colored leading board ESR meter capable of 0.1Ω-30Ω. The front part of the chart shows proper, fair, wrong ESR calculations. It comes with amazingly useful automatic calibration, B&K Precision 881 is an analog ESR meter. It’s a convenient ESR meter ideal for equivalent series resistance determination. It runs on a 9v battery, and you get the batteries included with this device.
- Offers 1-30 Ohm range for better precision
- Easy to use and handy design
- Three-colored indication board for faster execution
- Comes with a durable analog meter that can bear more significant external wear and tear
- Weight of this device is approx 385 grams
- Highly accurate and easy to use
- Durable built quality
- Robust usage for outdoor conditions
- No digital meter for accurate reading count
- Fewer features as compared to other ESR meters
- Might not be suitable for a beginner
Know About ESR meter in details
All electronic machines repair should have ESR meter on their repair stand; this special “gem” can help you, check out the fix issues and repair automated equipment fast, especially the electrolytic capacitors on the test panel or circuit. Before I explain the details about how good the pilot is, why the mean ESR value for the first time. All capacitors have a certain amount of current flow, resistance, and ESR is the equivalent series resistance, which is the sum of all internal resistances of the capacitors measured in ohms.
A suitable ESR capacitor is 0 ohms. The image below shows that the resistor is a series of “ideal capacitor”. This method of checking electrolytic capacitors an EPR sensor, otherwise they will not be able to find the center of the problem.
If you have any electronic equipment that has collapsed over the years in their design, such as lack of power, instead of a new unit of the burn to work then after some time, a high probability that one or more electrolytic capacitors inside the device will fail, which will cause a problem. Electrolytic capacitors ESR Ohm value can increase by drying or corrosion in the material.
ESR Capacitor Prices
An ESR capacitor high price is often a problem in modern electronic circuits. In the circuit (especially in the case of frequency), even a small increase in the ESR value can cause all devices to stop working and cause a bug. Usually, a good electrolytic capacitor (depending on the microfarad)has a lower ESR value, so for many years, if the rubber gasket is not faulty (due to excessive heat or voltage) while the electronic component gradually dries out and the ESR value will increase over time.
An increase in the ESR value, the voltage drop capacitor, and the release of heat capacitors by thermal resistance will increase. If you don’t check the ESR electrolyte cover, you won’t be able to solve the problem. The high ESR value of the capacitor at the first defeat.
As described above, a capacitor, the ESR value, increases with age, and this is usually done in such a way as entirely to stop the process or blow up all the elements directly related to it. It is also widespread to see capacitors whose ESR value is increased too much, their average resistance, capacity, but the price remains the same.
You may wonder why I should use the ESR counter? Checking electrolytic capacitors due to the capacitance counter with analog or digital electronics may be incorrect, assuming that repairs a faulty capacitor are the best. It will no doubt waste your time-solving problems because they can’t find the culprit! Usually, these bad capacitors with high ESR value that your regular digital electrical meter or tester cannot check.
How to use ESR Meters?
1. Disconnect the test lead of the ESA measuring device, and the probes do not touch. Turn on the meter. If the general has more than one mode, make sure that ESA mode. The meter may perform an automatic calibration when enabled. If yes, wait until it indicates that it is ready for use.
2. If the test capacitor is in the circuit, make sure that the circuit is not charged. If possible, remove the electronic equipment in which the capacitor is in place.
3. Choose a high-performance resistance with resistance between 5 and 50 times the nominal voltage of the capacitor. Connect the test to all traces of resistance. The voltmeter must have a value of zero.
4. The ESA probe touches the capacitor’s performance. Read the ESA of the capacitor of figures. It will display as a distortion on an analog scale. Some ESA meters also provide audible sound indicating the range of ESA.
5. You determine whether the ESA is acceptable or not by comparing the measured ESA value with the numerator guidelines. After that, you need to note down the readings using the provided value table. As the readings might fluctuate a bit, you need to take a considerable buffer for that.
What are some of the advantages of using Best ESR Meters?
1. It provides an automatic output display.
With this device, it will be easy to measure the value, so unlike the display of seven segments on the number displayed automatically with its release, the analog multimeter is the value that read the scale from the required more accurate information. Analog types also take time and risk human error, especially for people with visual impairment.
2. It ensures accuracy.
In general, digital multimeter values are more accurate than analog and cannot be displayed because they cannot emit up to four primes in analog mode. The fluctuations are concerned; each value is typically considered valid.
3. It has an auto-polarity function.
Multimeters can read negative values, especially for voltages. If you put the probe into the opposite polarity, you will get a negative output. It also has a digital format that is more glass than analog, one because the insertion of the probe in the opposite direction can cause polarity in the analog form.
What are the disadvantages of ESR Meters?
1. This measure is not suitable for a change.
In case of fluctuations, these counters represent them and cannot record errors or calculate a single reading.
2. It is more expensive than standard analog.
The analog multi-meter price is generally low compared to the digital version. Fortunately, the price difference between analog and digital over time is no longer so vast.
3. It can be that difficult, either for your specific needs.
Current digital already in the market with various price and capacity of digital multi-meters has a wide range of information. In general, you have to choose which meter fits your needs perfectly, and this can be difficult, outside of many options. If you use it once or twice, the day you have an affordable alternative to choose from. Still, you are a professional, it is a higher-level unit for you.
Digital multimeter by comparing more than standard analog, but it is also important to remember that some disadvantages must be considered. Weigh your pros and cons to make sure it is the best solution for your needs.
Final Take away – Best ESR Meter
So, in this article, we have covered everything. Right from top 10 ESR meter reviews to its pros, cons, and specification. Select the best ESR meter that fits in your every job flawlessly and give you accurate results on the go. As there are so many meters available in the market, our comprehensive blog will help you in purchasing the best one for your needs.