The expression “earning at the casino” sounds tempting only to newcomers. Any experienced gambler has long known that making a living from gambling is difficult or even nearly impossible.
The surest way to make money in the casino is to go to the other side of the table. In other words, to become an owner, employee, or partner of a gambling establishment.
However, this is a topic for a separate article. In this publication, we will talk about whether it is possible to turn the game into a profession.
Also, our experts have prepared many reviews of online casinos, you can familiarize yourself with for example – 21 Dukes casino.
Does anyone manage to make money playing casino games?
If you believe the stories of people who call themselves gambling professionals, and periodic publications in the media, thousands of casino customers have turned the game into a source of income. And it is often said that not only does it not dry up, but it even springs forth like a mighty stream.
It is difficult to comment on these stories because most often it is impossible to verify their authenticity. However, it is known that in the gambling business there are a lot of players, who are not allowed into the big casinos simply because they cost too much.
Experienced croupiers will easily remember a dozen or two customers who simply terrorized their establishments for a long time until they got rid of them one way or another. Accordingly, there are people who know how to beat the casino. Another thing is what it costs them:
- Do they have to break the rules?
- Do they have to endure psychological pressure?
- Does it take a long time to learn?
- How much time and effort does this profession require?
Again, such success stories are more associated with offline casinos. In Internet gambling, it is even more difficult to win regularly due to the specifics of the industry.
The fact is that the human factor is present in real clubs. Croupiers often make mistakes. Pit bosses often work with their hands down. Managers sometimes run ill-conceived promotions. Adventurous players can take advantage of all this.
In online casinos, you have to play against the computer. He does not make mistakes (bugs happen, but they are very rare). Bonus programs have long been worked out for millions of other customers. Won money is accrued after careful checks. And so on.
Why is it difficult to play casinos for profit?
Playing casinos for profit is almost hopeless, if only because such establishments are not open for you to turn them into a source of your income.
Getting a license, buying software, employing staff, paying utility bills – it’s already very, very expensive. You can only cover all the costs if you lose.
If a customer breaks that balance, it breaks the system. Of course, people have to win at the casino, otherwise, they’ll just stop playing. However, good managers will not allow someone to stay in the black all the time. Sooner or later they have to break that lucky streak and more than recover what they have lost.
Mathematics is also on the side of the casino operators. The entire gaming process is under the control of the administration. Every step of the client can be checked, and any payment can be canceled, using a valid claim or a far-fetched pretext.
The institution always has an advantage. If someone finds a way to gain an advantage over the club, he is not welcome there.
Is it worth breaking casino rules to make money?
It’s not just a question of morality. The life of a con artist is full of difficulties:
- They are constantly under psychological pressure.
- They need to move around often so they don’t get flattered in one place.
- If they are caught, information about their “exploits” spreads over numerous establishments.
- For many shenanigans, it is quite possible to go to jail.
- Sometimes the owners of gambling clubs deal with cheaters more severely than the police.
However, not all violators of the casino rules manage to “earn” a decent living. Many professional cheaters are constantly sitting without money, barely scraping up the bankroll needed to play.
Is it worth risking your reputation, health, freedom, or even life for the sake of it?
How to earn in different casino games?
Let’s tackle the topic of earning in casinos by way of examples of individual categories of gambling.
- Slots – Recall that in each slot laid a certain RTP (Return to Player). It is always less than 100%. This means that at a long distance you leave the machine some part of the total amount that you put on the stakes for the whole time. It is impossible to increase RTP with the help of betting systems or other techniques. At best, you will compensate for some of the loss with bonuses, cashback, loyalty programs,s and other promotions for the institution. It is unlikely that you will be able to make money on video slots. In detail, the game of slots as a profession is considered at the link.
- Slots with jackpots – We intentionally singled out slot machines with progressive jackpots in a separate category. Some customers say that they manage to find promising models and win on them. In particular, we are talking about a series of Mystery Jackpots, in which jackpots are guaranteed to play within a specified time.
- Roulette – Roulette is similar to slots in terms of adventurous play. It too has a certain RTP, which cannot be increased by means of betting systems or any strategies. However, it should be remembered that there are numerous versions of roulette available. In some models, the return is quite high. Nevertheless, it still does not reach even 100%. There are games in which the client and the casino have equal chances, but the institution takes a commission on the payments. Read more about earnings on roulette in real and online casinos.
- Blackjack – In most cases, when it comes to professional players, blackjack card counters are meant. In offline casinos, they can indeed be very successful, but it’s not at all easy. You need to learn and practice, change casinos often, be able to sit through black bars, and so on. At the same counter at any moment may kick out of the institution or create for him unbearable conditions. At online casinos, counting cards makes no practical sense. Even at live casinos with real croupiers, it is ineffective. Features of playing blackjack for money are discussed in the article.
- Baccarat – This game of chance is considered one of the most profitable casinos, but its RTP is still below 100%. The card count in baccarat is useless. Betting systems do not work. Moreover, in real gambling, it is not found everywhere.
- Video poker – The best models of video poker enjoy a very low mathematical superiority of the casino over the client. There are even machines with an RTP above 100%. This is one of the best options for adventive play, although he too, all is not cloudless. For example, here you usually can not wager bonuses, and comp points are awarded at lower odds. Read more about how to make money on video poker.
- Poker – In real and online casinos, there are numerous versions of poker: Stud, Caribbean, three-card, and many others. They have different rates of theoretical return, which are usually in the range of two to three percent. And even this RTP can be achieved only with the optimal strategy.
- Sports and club poker – These are varieties in which customers play against each other. The institution acts as an intermediary. Usually, it takes for their services part of the bank. This commission is called the rake. In fact, this is not a gambling casino, so we will not dwell on it.
- Craps – One of the key features of this game is a huge variety of bets. Some of them are simply disgusting to the customer, because of the huge casino advantage. But there are very profitable bets that allow you to play with the establishment on almost equal terms. In land-based clubs, professionals also practice a controlled roll of the dice. Allegedly, the experts are actually able to throw the combinations they want more often. Naturally, these tricks do not work at online casinos.
Other gambling entertainments with more or less high RTP for one reason or another are not in great demand.
How do I make money on casino bonuses?
All operators position bonuses as gifts. If you believe the advertising, it is an extremely lucrative offer, which is a sin not to take advantage of. It seems that you should only register at the casino and the money will flow into your balance.
How are online casino bonuses in reality? Consider the main options.
- Free sign-up bonuses – This is the most tempting promotion for newcomers. You only need to go to the official website of the online casino and register. Then you will be charged a no deposit bonus. But you can not withdraw it. First, it must be won back fifty, seventy-five, or even a hundred times. In this case, it is forbidden to make large bets. Yes, and the free bonus is always small. Plus there are restrictions on the games. Get no deposit you can only once. Often it is not accrued to residents of some countries. In general, in order for you to cash out these five to ten dollars, luck must smile on you all thirty-two!
- Loyalty Program Free Bonuses – Free bonuses can be accrued to holders of high statuses of the loyalty program. In order to climb to this level, you need to make frequent deposits and actively play. Most likely, in this case, you will be at a disadvantage. The no deposit will be just a consolation for you (but you will also have to wager it). Personal no deposit bonuses are awarded only to valued customers. You can probably guess who is valuable to the casino.
- First Deposit Bonuses – Almost all online casinos give new players bonuses on one or more starting deposits. For example, you deposit a hundred dollars, and another hundred to you accrue extra. Of course, you cannot withdraw these credits from your account immediately. They must be wagered. The conditions are usually a little easier than with the no-deposit bonus, but you also need some luck. So earning starter bonuses is quite problematic.
- Reload bonuses – These are deposit bonuses for regular customers. They are not huge, but they are more or less realistic to cash out. True, you need to replenish your account, play, risk your money, follow all the rules, and so on. In short, it is not earnings, but part of the gameplay. Lucky – good, unlucky – do not be surprised.
- Freespins – Free spins on slot machines are now very popular at online casinos. Many institutions make them the main promotions. However, there are also many complications with them. Most often they are provided on certain slots. It is possible to play on small bets. Maximum payouts can be limited. The money received must be wagered several times, as in the case of bonuses.
Still, expect to earn from online casino bonuses? Good luck!
How to make money in casino tournaments?
Tournaments organize a lot of online casinos. In the real institutions they are also not uncommon, but below will be considered, to a greater extent, the activities of gambling sites. Is it possible to turn them into a source of income?
Consider the main formats.
- Free Tournaments – There is no entry fee. The game is most often played with the client’s money. In other words, you play on certain slots. All payouts go to you. Along the way, you accumulate tournament points. They are determined by the winners. Large cash prizes in such competitions are played out rarely. Usually at stake are bonus credits, small cash payments, comp points, or free spins.
- Contribution Tournaments – If customers pay to participate in a tournament, more often than not they have the opportunity to compete for fairly large prizes. In each such event, you need to realistically assess your strengths. If there are a lot of competitors and if they can buy-in, it will be difficult for a poor player to compete.
What games are online casino tournaments?
- Slots tournaments – Slots are slots. They are machines for the gradual withdrawal of money from customers. Free slots tournaments, where you play with your own money, do not allow you to fight for big prizes but may force you to stay in the casino longer than you planned. They don’t allow you to win big prizes. Large slot tournaments with large deposits and huge prizes are now rare at online casinos. They are always stiff competition, so it would be difficult to become a winner.
- Blackjack tournaments – If you play blackjack professionally, you can try your luck in such events. True, online casinos don’t hold them very often and the big prizes are played in them even more rarely. Perhaps you will come across an interesting and promising offline tournament.
- Video poker tournaments – This game is about the same as blackjack. If you are sufficiently prepared, look for tournaments with large prize pools and a small number of participants.
- Roulette tournaments – In roulette, almost everything depends on luck. Betting systems and other tricks won’t help you win. Any beginner can beat a seasoned professional in a tournament. So you can’t count on your skill.
- Races – This is a multi-level reward system. Performing all kinds of tasks, you get prizes. It turns out you have to play, play and play again. What it usually leads to, you know yourself.
- Lotteries – The formats may be different, but customers always get tickets for some kind of action. Most often, they are awarded for deposits. A drawing is held at a specified time. Money, valuable gifts, bonuses, free spins, comp points, and other prizes may be at stake. Of course, the people with the maximum number of tickets have the advantage. These are always the most active customers, playing big. It would be extremely difficult to compete with them.
The vast majority of tournaments are not designed for customers to win and withdraw large sums of money. These events are designed to keep users playing for as long as possible. Even the winners usually have to keep playing, because the prizes cannot be cashed out right away – they have to be used somehow first.
How do I earn from a casino loyalty program?
Any tier system is useless for new players. Lower statuses have practically no benefits. You need to play a lot and deposit solid bonuses to get to the big bonuses, accumulate comp points, exchange those points for cash, and so on.
If you actively play at the casino, the loyalty program can provide tangible benefits. If you are just a bonus hunter, it will be of little use.
The above is true for most online casinos. Large real institutions may have special promotions for high rollers, which are allegedly skillfully used by professional adventive players. So, Jean Scott even wrote a book dedicated to this topic.
How to make money on casino jackpots?
Jackpots in slots and other games are played at random. Deciphering the MCC is certainly not within the power of a normal person.
- Winning strategies do not exist. All such systems make no sense.
- Most jackpots are accumulated indefinitely. The larger the amount, the more applicants.
- The real chances of winning the jackpot in a casino or lottery are minuscule. Jackpots may be of interest to the professional. They are sure to be played before some period expires.
Adventurous players look for jackpots in casinos with very little left to go and try to hit them. If it is an internal jackpot of the establishment, represented on only a few machines, teams of gamblers occupy all these machines, so as not to leave a chance for competitors.
This approach seems to work quite well, but you have to understand that finding a promising Mystery Jackpot is extremely difficult. And displace opponents, taking over the whole network of slots, does not always work.
Is it worth making a profession to play in the casino?
Being a professional casino player is not at all easy. It really is a job, not a pastime.
No matter what format you’re going to play in, there are numerous challenges waiting for you:
- You need to master an impressive amount of theoretical knowledge.
- You need to practice the information you have received.
- Often you have to be under stress.
- You just have to be able not to stand out from the crowd of players, so as not to cause suspicion of the administration.
- Be prepared for prolonged black bars and possible financial difficulties.
- Ludomania is dangerous not only for beginners. Professionals also suffer from addiction.
The author of the article worked in a casino for a long time and saw hundreds of customers, including those who considered themselves adventive gamblers. Satisfied with life among them was extremely rare. Most of them didn’t enjoy the game, looked bad, were irritable, and generally gave the impression of being unhappy.
What’s the bottom line?
So is it necessary to become a professional casino gambler? The answer to this question is for everyone to give himself.
We encourage readers to gamble for fun and to remember moderation.
- Play with money you can afford to lose.
- Play only as long as it gives you pleasure.
- Choose the most profitable games.
- Do not strive to win back at all costs.
- Do not underestimate the danger of addiction.
If you have decided to become a professional casino player, be prepared to learn, practice, and continually improve. Don’t expect it to be easy. You may be disappointed because it is very difficult to succeed in this field.
The vast majority of customers’ gambling establishments do not manage to stay in the plus over a long distance. We don’t claim that you won’t succeed, but it will certainly not be easy for you.