Instagram is a social media platform that is being used by around a billion people, and a rough estimate is that 90% of them are following at least one business account. It means that having an Instagram handle has become an essential component of digital appearance for businesses. It would not be wrong to say that Instagram is the digital face of a brand that links the potential customers to the brand’s site and tend to generate sales. In fact, people judge a brand’s reliability by looking at the number of followers they have, which is why businesses even buy Instagram followers cheap.
From a photo-sharing application to a pool of business activity, Instagram has modified its conduct for its users in the last 10 years! Using IG, brands can host giveaways, run fundraisers via IG live broadcast, open shops from their profiles, and let people make reservations by their accounts. Besides, updates of new business tools, features, and tips keep appearing over the app every other day. IG marketing is a whole lot of work that requires strategic planning and consistent efforts.
This blog post is a detailed and comprehensive guide about how businesses can make use of Instagram for their advertisement and sales! Listed below are the 6 steps to help you use Instagram for business:
Set up an Instagram Business Account
You can either set up a new account for your business from scratch or convert your personal IG handle into a business handle.
Create a New Business Account:
- Open the IG app and tap Sign up.
- You need to put your email address to sign up. In case of providing access to multiple users, it is advised to link the Instagram handle to the business’s Facebook page and use an admin email for signing up or logging in via Facebook.
- Now, username and profile info space needs to be filled in.
- Also, as for the account category, you need to select a business account.
That’s all! You are good to go with your new Instagram business account.
How to Change a Personal Account into Business Account on Instagram?
- Navigate to the menu option from your profile.
- Go to settings. There is a Switch to Professional account option. If you are able to see this, then simply select it.
- Otherwise, tap Account. Choose Business.
- In order to link Insta and Facebook business accounts, proceed with the steps to connect the account to the Facebook page.
- Choose the business category and fill in the relevant contact details.
- Finally, tap Done!
Plan a Winning Instagram Strategy
Define the Target Audience:
Understanding of audience is a crucial element of a good social media strategy. Dig into Instagram’s audience demographics to get an idea about people using the forum. For example, the larger ad audience lies under the age bracket of 25-34-year-olds. Now you need to identify the key segments that can strike your audience base or generate unique ideas relevant to your niche.
Set Goals and Objectives:
While designing strategies, you must determine the objectives you intend to achieve via IG marketing.
Monitor Social media Metrics:
After defining goals, it is important to monitor metrics. Only then can you improve your strategies. It is important to know the follower growth rate, post impressions, number of accounts reached by the posts, engagement rate, amplification rate, conversion rate (It includes click-through and bounce rate, Cost per click, and CPM).
Staying active on IG is the key to rule audience and for this regular posting is necessary. Planning all the content beforehand and creating a content calendar keeps the posting streamlined and saves from last-minute hassle. Besides, using a calendar, you can target important days and can generate relevant content to enhance the reach.
In order to compel people to follow you and buy your products, your profile must be strong enough to impress or convince them! Profile optimization is therefore highly regarded.
- The Instagram bio must be striking, precise, and unique. It vouches for the brand!
- Being a business account, you can keep your logo as the profile picture but remember the profile picture must be uniform across all social media platforms as it established authenticity.
- Only one link can be added in the bio, and hence you must either link your website, latest blog post, campaign, or a special Instagram landing page.
- All the basic contact information must be added so that people can easily contact you via your profile. Also, IG adds relevant CTAs to the contact details.
- Instagram stories and highlights also impart a strong impact on the followers. Stories must be organized into highlights which represent the brand’s journey.
Post High-Quality Content
Instagram is based on high quality and aesthetic visuals. The content. You must establish a recurrent theme, stick to it and maintain the quality of content. Besides, you can feature some BTS from the office, or from the work process via stories. This builds up users’ interest.
Capture Thumb Stopping Photos:
Capturing extraordinary photos is necessary for Instagram, and it can be done via mobile phone. You just need to pay some attention to light, angles, frame, and shots.
You need to edit your pictures even if they seem perfect to you. Editing tools help you to stay consistent with the theme by maintaining aesthetics, colors, putting frames, logos, etc.
Captions define the photo and grab the viewer’s attention. However, captions must be precise and well-written. You can use the captions effectively to convey your brand’s message.
Enhance and Engage the Audience
By posting intriguing content consistently, brands can enhance their followers. For maximizing the engagement, the brand’s involvement is necessary. Responding to comments and answering the queries give the users a sense of your presence and develop trust. Besides, hashtags can be used to enhance the reach.
Collaborating with influencers and getting your account promoted by other business accounts are some other efficient strategies. Moreover, Instagram ads are also very beneficial in growing the target audience.
Instagram has proved to be an incredible and diverse marketing tool for businesses. IG marketing requires continuous learning and consistent efforts. Businesses can make use of Instagram exclusive business tools and cool features for their advertisements and sales or choose to buy Instagram likes. Instagram does not only represent a brand’s face digitally but it also generates sales and profits. Strategic planning and continuous monitoring of metrics drive successful results for brands in many ways.