Opinion on the best cars for college students is divided. The division is driven by the fact that each student has a personal preference. Further, other factors like budget determine the car you will buy. You can purchase dissertations online and leave more room to enjoy your ride or engage in activities that give you money to buy the best car in college.
The choice of a car also comes with implications. For instance, how do you pay for the car? Is it efficient with fuel such that you can afford it with your allowance? Can you buy the spares and afford regular maintenance?
How do you determine the best car for a college student?
- Price: you might desire a car but do not have the finances to buy it. Even when you intend to buy using loans or long-term financing, your credit score might not allow it. Choose a vehicle based on your budget. Luckily, there are numerous vehicles within the price range for many students. Shop around for a vehicle within your financial limits.
- Fuel efficiency: the biggest cost apart from buying a car is fueling. You cannot buy a car to park around campus all day because you do not have fuel. Check the fuel efficiency of the car you are buying so that you only spend a reasonable amount of your finances on fuel.
- Personal preference: what kind of vehicle do you want? Each person has a preferred model. Since a car is a major investment, you should only spend on a model that appeals to you. It gives you joy and pride to ride in the kind of car you have always wanted.
- Maintenance cost: vehicles cost money to maintain. Tires will wear out even as the vehicle requires a little polishing. Avoid high-maintenance vehicles if you have no source of income or it is not sufficient.
- Desired activities with the car: why do you want to own a car? Are you intending to use it for business, off-road tours, or personal travel? Choose a car that will help you to achieve the desired goals comfortably.
Other factors like the color as well as the choice between used and new cars also determine the car to buy. You should also consider a car for college students. It rules out some of the top-end vehicles or heavy-duty trucks that will not blend with the environment. Here are the best vehicles for college students based on the principles highlighted above.
Toyota Corolla 2021
The Toyota Corolla ranks top among the most easy-to-own cars. It is also reliable for a college student who wants to avoid a headache from vehicle maintenance and fueling. The Toyota Corolla is affordable with a starting price of $20,000.
Toyota has added a lot of features to offer more value for money. They include temperature controls and driver aids. It will serve most of the vehicle needs for college students.
The Hyundai Elantra is a redesign meant to capture modernity and sophistication. It also represents the perfect aerodynamic design in vehicle manufacturing. Hyundai is also one of the classic vehicle manufacturers that will instantly capture the attention of students in college.
Hyundai Elantra costs a reasonable $20,000 for a very decent package. If you need to add a few more optional features, you only add a couple of hundred dollars. It is one of the vehicles that give students the best value for money.
Honda Civic has won numerous awards as the Best-Buy vehicle for college students. Its price of $22,000 is an excellent bargain considering the features it offers. Among the best features of the Honda Civic is its safety record. It comes with a collision warning that will help you to avoid intense injuries.
Honda Civic comes with one of the most advanced technologies in the motor industry. It can sense lane change and brake fast in case of an emergency. It ranks high among the most fuel-efficient vehicles. If you need space for cargo, the hatchback model is available.
The vehicle looks like a premium model but is top among the most fuel-efficient cars for college students. It is rated at 30mpg and is perfect for the city as well as highway driving. In case you need to drive in the snow, you have a reliable vehicle for any road.
The interior of the Mazda 3 feels more expensive than the $21,500 you pay for zero mileage. Collision warnings are among the best in the industry. The hatch-back also comes with enviable cargo space.
The Subaru Crosstrek allows you to go anywhere at only $23,200. It is one of the few AWD available at that price and would be easy to maintain for college students. An additional $1,230 will get you some of the best features for cars at this level. It is economical with fuel, whether you are driving on an automatic or manual transmission. It has also incorporated some of the best technology in the vehicle industry.
The price is far below the features you would expect. At $23,000, you have a new sub-compact SUV to ride through campus. It will detect lost attention and warn you in case of an imminent collision. It also comes with high beam assistance and lane-centering technology. It is fuel-efficient and will cost less than most other vehicles to maintain.
Hyundai Kona costs a reasonable $21,500. It is also a sub-compact design that gives you extreme value. It allows you to pack all your friends and cargo on your weekend trips. It has a high fuel efficiency rated at 33mpg. You also have the option of an EV. It has served the market for several years and proven its worth.
Honda HR-V is another perfect bargain for college students. It is a sub-compact design to comfortably accommodate passengers and cargo. At $22,500 you have an irresistible deal for a vehicle with a respectable 30mpg rating. It also comes with an incredible audio system for entertaining your guests while on the trip.
Nissan Sentra is for the sporty-minded students. It comes with a modern design and multiple colors to suit your preference. You only pay $20,300 for a road-master with a respectable 39mpg rating.
The Kia Soul is in a class of its own. It costs $18,610 and will get you 30mpg. It is also compact but comes with more cargo space relative to its size. It is the perfect compact design for college life.
2021 has offered numerous vehicle options to college students. Whether you are more into the price, fuel efficiency, or design, there is something for you.